Sunday, October 19, 2008

11th at Arkansas Traveler 100!!!!


OK. 11th to last, that is. Severe chafing problems almost forced me to drop, but either out of stubborness or pure stupidity, I duked it out, and made a very painful, bowlegged finish.


Despite getting my ass handed to me, I really had a great time. I met up with old friends, made some new friends, and finished a very challenging 100 with no crew or pacer. Fortunately, the volunteers at this race went above and beyond in their efforts to encourage me to finish. And a big thank you to Robin for her humor and company going up that mountain with all the bear poop at night, although what is shared on the trails, stays on the trails, for sure!


Here I am with some of New Mexico''s finest ultrarunners at the pre-race meeting. Thanks Ian for the great shirts!

No comments: