Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Four 50 Mile Runs in One Month. #1 Tussey Mountainback





The Tussey Mountainback 50 Mile Ultramarathon in Boalsburg, PA was the first of what will hopefully be four 50 miles ultra-marathons in the month of October.

Fall colors and temperatures in the mid 60's and low 70's greeted my crew and I along this moderately difficult course. But the fall colors of Pennsylvania helped make up for any discomfort,( and there was quite a bit) along with great race organization and one very fat timber rattlesnake. I read that a rattle snake's venom is more potent in the fall, and that over the past few decades, their venom has become more toxic. I don't care to find out!

I ended up finishing third female overall, in 7 hours and 56 minutes. Here are some pictures of this beautiful, hilly course.

No comments: